Calash has a vacancy within its Aberdeen office for a Data Analyst to support project teams across the Group.
The role will involve:
- Supporting the work of Project Teams within the Data Platform team in order to generate insights that deepen our knowledge of our customers and help us enrich and improve our products and services.
- Generation of proprietary data sets.
- Compiling, retrieving, cleaning, relating and undertaking data analysis on the large data sets
- Developing robust and repeatable procedures that form the basis of the management of our inter related data sets.
- Conducting data analysis in a rigorous and repeatable manner and communicating insights effectively to colleagues across Calash and our clients through the development of bespoke reporting formats.
The challenges for success in this role are:
- Understanding our customers and the different sources of data we have available and how they can be used together to deliver fresh and useful insights.
- Delivering accurate data sets and analysis results in a timely manner.
- Learning how to effectively use new storage and processing technologies as they are adopted by the Data Platform team.
- To continually reflect and improve on ways of working, to demonstrate better approaches to the process of analysis and sharing of insights. Always pushing the rest of the team to improve.
- Mine and analyse large datasets, draw valid inferences and present them successfully to internal and external stakeholders using reporting tools.
- Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes
- Identify, evaluate and implement external services and tools to support data validation and cleansing
- Produce and track key performance indicators and reporting processes
- Support data scientists and data engineers in the generation of models and data driven products
Your skills and qualifications will include:
- Studied Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Macroeconomics or any other relevant field
- Previous experience and exposure working with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Java Script, Python, VB Script or C# programming experience
- Ability to work independently and in some cases under time pressure to complete scopes accurately.