Calash has an opening for an Analyst to support project teams across our international offices. The successful candidate can be based in either our Aberdeen or London office.
Working within a project team, you will gather market intelligence and provide analysis in support of our core strategic advisory, due diligence, and analytics services.
Your analysis and output will be used to support the effective delivery of projects to our clients’ requirements, and as such you will be a key member of our team.
Research will be mainly desk based, but interaction with clients and attendance at industry events will be necessary.
You will have a background in the energy or industrials sectors, but not necessarily in an Analyst role. A consulting background would be attractive to us, but industry knowledge in other disciplines, commercial acumen and an inquisitive, challenging mind will help us see the potential in you.
Calash is a leading energy industry advisory firm, providing support to a wide range of investors, lenders, company management, corporate finance, and other advisors. To read more about Calash: www.calash.com
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Tracking market activity and industry data to provide market intelligence and analysis in support of our core services.
- Presentation of research findings and supporting commentary in a format appropriate to subject matter and client requirements.
- Working with support team to enhance internal and manage external databases.
- Working in the M&A market, which sometimes involves tight deadlines at short notice so flexibility is required – and given in return.
- Interaction with clients and professional advisors during project work and at industry events.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Degree in a relevant field will be useful, but we will consider relevant professional experience in lieu of academic qualifications. Who you are is as important to us as what’s on paper.
- Experience within the oil and gas, broader energy, industrials or M&A markets essential.
- Ability to interpret and analyse data, draw meaningful conclusions and logically develop an argument then convey clearly in writing is essential.
- Must be able to take a balanced, impartial approach and not jump to conclusions or take the first or easy answer.
- Concise, structured and logical report writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Inquisitive nature with a systematic and structured work approach.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office tools – especially MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales when necessary.
- Flexible, team player looking for a place where you enjoy work and still have a life.