Calash has an opening for a Communications Assistant to provide commercially focused administrative support to the Group to be based in our Aberdeen or London office.
In this role, you should be an excellent communicator with strong attention to detail, as contact with clients and preparation of market facing company materials will be an important part of your job. If you also have administrative and social media marketing experience, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, your goal will be to help ensure clear and consistent communication of our company’s message across all channels.
The role will require you to become part of a small team where your efforts will be rapidly recognised by your peers and clients, therefore it is crucial that you are a self-starter and will take the initiative to adapt our marketing output in response to changes in market dynamics.
Calash is a leading energy industry advisory firm, providing support to a wide range of investors, lenders, company management, corporate finance, and other advisors. To read more about Calash please visit www.calash.com
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contact new and existing clients to arrange meetings for the Group management
- Arrange the MD’s and sales team’s diary and any associated travel requirements
- Manage calendar and client contact program
- Administer CRM databases and media lists
- Help implement communications strategies
- Interface with external PR and media agencies
- Draft and edit communications copy (e.g. press releases, publications, social media posts)
- Assist in maintaining web content and executing social media strategies
- Track completion of Group projects and implement relevant media exposure
- Facilitate effective internal communications
- Provide sales administration support to programs and internal teams
- With guidance from the commercial team prepare presentations and reports
- Attend networking events to increase your understanding of the energy industry and our client base
Skills and Experience
- Qualification in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a communications role
- Self-starter with energy and a hunger to succeed
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies
- Comfortable with direct contact with new and existing clients
- Proficient in MS Office; familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign) and content management systems is a plus
- Exceptionally high attention to detail along with strong editing skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Applications should be sent to email@example.com